Friday, December 6, 2013

Marathon Recap: Miles 19-26


Miles 19 – 26 were an absolute test of finding what I’m capable of.  When we left off I was experiencing a quick sharp, shooting pain to my right knee and was leaving my running buddy.  I straight-up LIMPED when I started back running again. It was a feeling I can’t describe and truthfully want to forget about.  But I knew I had to power through.

Mile 19: Was slow and painful.  Really slow.  This was also the turn-around in Shelby park and I was a little confused on where I was going…(slight panic as I don’t have the best track record) but again, just went slowwww.

Mile 20: The tears came.  Not from pain.  Mile 20 was when I had “the moment.” The moment when I knew that 20 miles was the furthest I had ever run, and I was about to exceed that.  I felt great mentally.

Mile 21: Honestly….not much memory.

Mile 22: Ended up running with a girl, Haley from Kentucky, who was also running her first Marathon. We talked a little bit, but more just enjoyed having another person running next to you.

Mile 23: Tummy. Not good.  BUT FINALLY EXITING SHELBY PARK!  Hit the potty one last time & my TNT mentor was waiting at the end of the park. It was GREAT running a few minutes with her and another TNT’er. They were so encouraging and just wonderful!

Mile 24: The Knoxville TNT coach picked me up and ran mile 24 with me. He was great to get my head back on straight & when he learned my name was Natalie…he asked me if my parents were here with posters cheering me on. Haha, I loved it & couldn’t wait to see them in 2 miles!


Mile 24 Running with Coach!

 Mile 25: Ma’ girl Jill.  At mile 25, doing push-ups and squats because she wanted to get a work-out in.  She joined me at 25, texted all my group waiting at the finish line, “I got our girl” and everyone knew we were minutes away!

Mile 26: My coach, Christopher, joined me for my last few minutes. Crossing over the walking bridge and giving me so much encouragement.

Mile 26.2: I could see my friends, family & TNT teammates all cheering me down the final stretch. I’m tearing up right now typing this because it’s a moment I won’t ever forget. I felt AMAZING and was smiling all the way to the finish line. 
The Proof
So there we have it. I’m a marathoner. I ran 26.2 miles. Y’all, I’M A MARATHON RUNNER!

MARATHONERS!!!!

Can someone help me up? K, thanks.

Pre-Race Step & Repeat




No comments:

Post a Comment