Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Is my body too bootylicious?

Last night I went to shake what my mama gave me at Zumba.  Few things to note:
1. This Zumba class is called b.fab fitness and I'm the minority in the class.  It's not your typical Latin-inspired Zumba.  This is Bootylicious/Hip Hop/Street dancing Zumba.  I'm trying to find someone that can video tape this class because it's awesome.

2. $3 a class.  Can't beat that ANYWHERE.

3. Growing up dancing my whole life, this class gives me an outlet into my first love - dancing.  Sometimes in the middle of the class, I convince myself to try out for the Titans dance team.  Usually by the end when I'm red-faced and out of breath, I've talked myself off that ledge.

4. This is one of THE most intense and amazing workouts.  I actually hadn't been since well before training for Disney.  The last time I was there was probably...August?  BOY DID IT SHOW. Sure, a month ago I ran a HALF MARATHON but 15 minutes into the class last night, I was absolutely convinced we had been zumba'ing for 45 minutes.  It's good to be knocked down a few pegs to remind me I'm not totally perfect.  

Hopefully I can continue this Monday evening class schedule.  Monday's are tough for me, but I'm going to try.

Oh, also I got to rock some Plan G swag, which is always a plus ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment