Monday, May 20, 2013

Sunday Funday

I start the Marathon Training Team (herein known as MTT) on June 1st. I've been keeping my running low until then because I know how much running I'll be doing come that date until November.

I'm still lifting 3 days a week with Evan over at Sweat. Love it!

However, my sister's wedding is this upcoming weekend. And I had some stress that I needed to expel yesterday. I'm a highly results driven person but sometimes, I want to forget that part of me and just do something. Because there are so much possible goals - mileage and time being the two main ones - running can often feel more like an obligation.

So Sunday I decided to set off on a run - with no GPS, no voice talking in my ear about my speed and progress. Just a great Rock My Run tune and a water bottle. And I LOVED it. I think I ran about 3 miles. I could have run longer but I needed to head to the airport to pick up a friend.

There's something freeing about going out without an expectation. An opportunity to just be for a little bit. And I hope to make this a tradition - if not for all my runs than certainly for my Sunday Funday.

No comments:

Post a Comment