Monday, September 23, 2013

Drop week, Re: Sick as a d-o-double-g


This past week, after my epic 16 mile run, I came down with the dreaded “first cold of the season.” I started feeling eh last Saturday afternoon but chocked it up to allergies. By Wednesday, my body was telling me something that starts with an F and ends with a You.  So I took it easy all week.

Even though I knew Saturday was a recovery week, I made the executive life decision to not meet up with my TEAM for the run and instead give my body a B-R-E-A-K.  Boy, did it ever make a difference.  Saturday afternoon I got in about 8 pretty slow miles, but was glad to just get out in the beautiful Tennessee fall weather and just run.  I'm feeling a zillion times better and ready for a big week ahead.

Listen to your body – it knows what it’s talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment