Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweet 16


Saturday morning was a day I wasn’t really dreading.  Which is weird considering the fact I had to wake up and run 16 miles.  Last week I was all over the place recovering from being on PCT for 9 whole days so although I got in a good 10 miler mid-week, that’s about all I got in.  But again, I wasn’t too stressed.

After a much later night out than planned on Thursday night (with a few more libations than originally planned) Friday I wanted to eat everything in sight.  I was able to convince once of my co-workers/Nashville besties to hit up the Maggianos lunch special: Lunch + Take Home dinner.  Needless to say by the end of the day Friday I was all carb’ed up!

Saturday morning I woke up to sub-60 degree weather and I was pumped! I got to GTS for the 6am call time, we had a great mission moment & without further adieu, we were off! I felt like I was floating. The miles just FLEW by as my running pal Jenny & I caught up after 2 weeks apart.  We slowed down when we needed to, fueled when we needed to, used the little girls room when we needed to and 3 hours later we coasted back into our starting point.  Feeling AH-MAY-ZING.

I ice bath’ed that afternoon, rested (but didn’t feel the need to nap, what??!?) and then went out with some friends to watch Ohio State beat Cal. (I had to go to a bar to watch because I don’t have cable…STILL…don’t get me started.)  But the day was one of the best I’ve had in Nashville in a long time & I’m going to cherish it.

In 2 weeks I turn 30 & in 7 weeks I will run a Marathon.  

Stats from Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment