Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Post 1 of 2 today


This is a pretty big week for me – I start to TAPER after this weekend.  With that said, I was planning on posting every day this week. Obviously today is Tuesday so I already failed, but today you’ll get a 2-for-1.

I just finished my LAST week day 10-miler.  I contemplated running it alone vs. running with my friends out in Brentwood.  With the craziness I’m dealing with at work, I figured I needed to just get the run in in my own ‘hood and get to work.

I also rocked my new running headlamp for the first time ever.  Only lasted with it through mile 4’ish, but it was definitely helpful at 5am!

After Saturday’s run (you’ll hear about that in post #2 today) I needed a good run & this was definitely it.  First of all: 10 miles alone? Rock On, NP!  Second of all: Well, really the first of all matters the most to me. It was just me & my head and the cool temperatures and beautiful scenery of Centennial Park & The Greenway. (I know that was a run-on, but all of those things were important today!)  I really did feel great and I will more than likely NEVER run 10 miles before work again, so “So long, farewell” to long weekday runs. You’ve been great. I also won’t miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment