Monday, October 14, 2013

The big 2-0

I am officially tapering. Praise the Lord.


Saturday was our LONG, LONG, LONG run at 20 miles.  Our plan said 20-22 miles but my body has been straight-up telling me since day 1 that 20 would be where I headed.

There were, of course, good moments and bad moments.  That’s bound to happen when you’re running for over 3 hours but I feel like I’ve really gotten my pre-run food, my mid-run fuel and post-run eating tricks down.  (Although I will say, I did try ONE new thing yesterday & probably won’t do it again.  But good to know that the Stinger Waffle gives me heartburn!)

I maxed out my phone battery and at mile 19.1 I got the “Low battery” message. I basically tried to sprint for the last 0.9 miles because there was no way in blue blazes I wasn’t going to have my GPS say 20 miles.

I’d say the best thing about Saturday was that I truly believed I could go for 6 more miles. 

With this taper, I want to keep my intensity up so I still have lots of miles to log but race day will be here any day now!
Some Pics:

Pre-Run Carb Loading on Friday. Yummy Pumpkin Bagel


A number I never thought I'd see.


Most girls ask for Starbucks gift cards for their birthdays. My mom knows me better ;)


Dudes. Best Post Run dinner ever. Complete with Cookies 'n Cream Milkshake. Drool







No comments:

Post a Comment