Saturday, September 29, 2012

Me & Eminem

Today I ran my longest distance ever.  And it was 8 miles of Nashville hills.  I knew how great I felt two weeks ago after running 7 miles by myself and mentally was not even a little afraid of running 8 this morning.  But sometimes things don't go EXACTLY as planned.

First. My running partner in Nashville isn't the most prompt girl you've ever met.  We were scheduled to meet at 8am this morning and at 7:48am she asked if we could push to 8:15am.  Honestly - I said no. I was up and ready to go and didn't want to push this run off any more.  (This should have been my first sign that today's run wasn't going to be the best.)

Second. We didn't really have a route planned. We both "just figured" if we combined some courses we usually run it would end up about 8 miles.  Not so smart.  At 3 miles we stopped after running up Demonbreun (the BIGGEST hill EVER) thinking we had gone about 6 and you can imagine both of our disappointment to find we had only gone 3.  [Please note: At this point I was ready to give in and run straight to my car. I was dunzo.]

Third. We ended up having to stop & start a bazillion times because of stop lights - which just so you know, stop lights in Nashville are like...10 minutes long.  So we never got a real pace going.

But low & behold, we kept on going & ended at 7.9 miles.  I like to consider this 8 miles. Yay me!

Hil - do you know we're 6 weeks away from the first half marathons in our crazy turning 30 plan?  I feel really good & thank you for your cross training post. It was a huge reminder that I HAVE to get more cross training into my routine.  Yoga for me this week, woot woot!

**Oh! & did you get the Eminem/8 mile reference?  Sometimes I forget that I might be the only one obsessed with this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y

No comments:

Post a Comment