Friday, February 1, 2013

This week started off looking so promising for my training.  Tuesday night I hit the treadmill and had a good, solid run.  I was gearing up for another good run, some cardio and then a long run tomorrow.

Then at 3am on Wednesday I was woken up by my phone alerting me that I needed to "Take Shelter" because of tornadoes.  First of all, I'm ALREADY deathly afraid of Tornadoes & moving to TN hasn't helped that.  Being woken up to tell me that I need to take shelter immediately is not the best way to start my Wednesday.  So, I sprinted to grab my flashlight, ran into the bathroom and hunkered down waiting for the storm to pass.  I was also texting every person in TN that I know.  Needless to say, I never went back to sleep so on 4 hours of sleep, I didn't work out at all on Wednesday.
Hiding out in my bathroom (scared) during the 'nado

The radar @ 3:30am. I'd say that's a pretty wicked storm!


This morning I woke up and it was flipping 18 degrees on my phone.  And it had snowed.  Seriously people? I can't run in 18 degrees - not even on a treadmill because that requires me to leave my bed.  They're calling for more snow tomorrow, so my plan is to take a yoga class in the morning and run/walk on Sunday to get the mileage in.  

Sunny Florida can't come soon enough! :)
IT SNOWED!!! (Yes, we Tennesseeans consider this "snow")

No need to worry about our Safety - Schools were closed today



No comments:

Post a Comment