Sunday, October 14, 2012

Catching Up - 9 Mile report

Sometimes I suck at this...Sorry it's been over a week since I posted - I'm not a very good blog partner, but I promise I'm back!  I decided to come down with a Bubonic plague that is traveling around the state of Tennessee this past week.  It was about a 6 day cold that left me missing 3 days of work (in a row..what?!?) and showering taking up all my daily energy.  I'm on the fix right now and actually got out yesterday for a little 3 miler to try and get me back in the swing of things.

That being said, I have to report about my 9 mile run I did on my 29th birthday.  I honestly can't believe 2 things:
1. That I ran 9 miles
2. That I'm 29 (seriously I think I'm Benjamin Button.  I think I'm getting younger...;) )

It was a beautiful Friday in Nashville and I took the day off to wait for my dad to come into town to celebrate my birthday.  I had a long course planned out that took me all over the West End & Belle Meade areas.  I had a couple of rough moments throughout but it was really hot so I took it easy when I needed to and concentrated on getting the mileage.  It was a super proud moment for me & a great birthday present to myself! Maybe I should have gifted myself a nap - here I am post-run:



Also, I love being able to "see" that I ran with Nike Plus - seriously it's all about validation, people!

Gah. The hills in Nashville are KILLER!

1 comment:

  1. I am so damned proud of you!!!! I also hate a little that you look like a model meets ballerina dancer in your "i'm dead" post run pose.

    ReplyDelete