Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Runner's High

My #1 source of information Urban Dictionary defines "Runners high" as: When the endorphins from running kick in and make you feel as though you have done drugs. You become happy, everything is funny and you can't stop laughing! It makes you love to run.

Saturday morning my Nashville running buddy & I set out early in the morning for 10 miles.  10 MILES.  I wasn't even really scared to be honest.  I knew we could do it.  We had a great route planned taking us through some Richmond-esque neighborhoods and having a buddy to hit this huge training milestone with made me so excited.  Mile 4-5 was a little rough followed by feeling AH-MAY-ZING miles 5-8.  Seriously we got to 8 and I might have said out loud "I could probably do 13 today!"  Then miles 8-10 tried to murder me in cold blood.  As always I blame this on the topography of Nashville.  We had to walk up some wicked steep hills but WE DID IT!  We got back to our cars and were just giddy.  I felt like frolicking!!

Then my RB got a weird look on her face as she was walking to her car.  Then she stopped.  Then she said, "My car was broken into."  The biggest runners high I've ever experienced was quickly diminished by this:

And this:

Which was then followed by that "everything is funny and you can't stop laughing" feeling.  I mean, WHAT A JERK!  Nothing was stolen.  In broad daylight, someone just took a hammer or ax or something to her window...just to be a jerk.  Really??!!??  Things got even funnier when the Police showed up and RB had to explain why her tags were expired and she didn't have her drivers' license with her...whoopsie! [Insert lots of giggling on our parts here.]

I start tapering now in prep for the Nov. 10 Hard Rock Half.  2 more medium length weekend runs then race day.  Can't decide if I should try and go up or stick with the plan I have....I think I'm going to stick with it.  Eye on the Disney prize, this first half is for training & giggles! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad nothing was stolen! I had a good giggle over this. Even though 10 is NOTHING to laugh at :)

    ReplyDelete