Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Long Run: 60 Miles Later

I don't have a lot of perspective about 99% of the time, especially if I'm in a bad spot.  At work we call them White Girl Problems, but sometimes they seem like the worst thing ever:  I don't like my lunch today, I HAVE to run 10 miles to get trained up for my vacation run in February, etc.  But every so often, I see something that gives me a little bit of perspective and helps me get through the "long" runs.
Like when my little sister walked 60 MILES FOR BREAST CANCER.
I'm sure Little A (who is also an SD marathon finisher and my running inspiration) will fill us in on all the details in between working her bomb job in Annapolis and getting ready for her fall nuptials.  As I followed along on her 60 mile journey over three days the only thing I could think, after she is seriously my hero, is I will never, ever complain about having to get my long runs in ever again.


2 comments:

  1. I did the Boston 3-day back in 2005. Greatest experience of my LIFE! Congrats to your sissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie I love everything about you :) I hope I haven't sufficiently creeped you out yet :)

    ReplyDelete