Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Frenemies with Sugar

I really try to stay as far away from nutrition labels as possible.  Food and I are friends, not enemies, but I’m also a bit of a control freak, psycho, obsessive compulsive (you get the idea) person and it’s better for all involved if I don’t have one more thing that I can “study.”  I do, however, usually check sugar contents after doing a 10-day sugar free exercise which opened my world to a whole new can of worms!  [If you’d like to go in-depth on this, let me know & let’s schedule a few hours.]

So anyways, I like to drink something with a lot of nutrients post-hot yoga classes so I don’t, ya know, faint. Typically this is in the form of a vita-coco or coconut water.  Someone recently mentioned to me about trying out odwalla so while at the grocery recently, I picked up a bottle for after one of my morning yoga classes.  Yikes. The sugar content in one bottle is…wait for it……37 grams. GET OUT OF AMERICA. I can see where these drinks are in some way good for you – they’re made with natural ingredients & have no added sugar (SUPER IMPORTANT) but I’m not sure I can get on board with these unless it’s a gulp or 2 after a workout to get some nutrients in your body.  Right?  Or if I’m wrong, please tell me because they are DAAAALICIOUSSSSS!

Isn’t it always the case that the prettiest packaging turns out to be not so pretty for your insides? 

No comments:

Post a Comment