Wednesday, April 17, 2013

peace.

As so many in this community of runners are doing, my thoughts & prayers continue to remain with the whole running community – especially the runners, walkers, spectators, volunteers, medics & the residents of Boston.

I’ve only been to Boston once and I don’t really consider it a trip for myself.  In 2005 I participated in the Boston 3-day event so I actually walked 60 miles TO Boston.  Although my time there was limited, my parents had a GREAT time touring that beautiful city ;)  The support of the people of Massachusetts for those 3 days is something that I STILL remember and think about often.  The feeling I had walking into the city of Boston on gorgeous July afternoon will never leave my memory.

We will all overcome this horrible event and come out stronger than ever as we always do as runners and as Americans. (Yep, I went there, I love America.)

Me & one of my oldest friends on day 1 with our Team Banner that we carried with the names of many women we honored & remembered


This picture is the sweet spot. I remember walking up the River Charles and seeing my parents sitting on a park bench where they had been sitting all morning waiting for me to show up.

Post-race in the Medical tent.  Obviously!  (I had major heat rash but popped some Benadryl & lots of H2O and recovered quickly)

No comments:

Post a Comment