Monday, April 15, 2013

Monument Avenue 10K

This Saturday marked one of my favorite days of the running year - the Monument Ave 10K. This race is an institution and it was my first race ever so it holds a very special place in my heart.

More than 40,000 runners of all ages come together for what's been voted the Friendliest Race in the country. GO #RVA GO!

It was a stunningly beautiful day and probably 10 degrees warmer than past years.

It was certainly not my best run but I still had a ball. I mistakenly had an energy drink that morning - big no no. I had air bubbles in my chest for the first 3 miles and then I looked down at mile 4 and my hands were swollen to twice their size. Anytime I tried to speed up, my face started to tingle which I took as a sign to take it easy. So I did. I started. I finished and I had fun with my girls. What more can you really ask for?!



Me, my dad and sister, Kendayl

All the girls!
Oh yeah...I nearly forgot. At the expo I signed up for the Full Marathon in November. No biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment