Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's Hot

After training for (what I consider) back-to-back halfs, I knew I was going to take a break from running after Princess.  In fact, I distinctly remember having a conversation with the other princesses about how many days they were going to wait before their first run and my reply was "2 months."  Well....don't ever accuse me of not keeping a promise to myself.

The last 2 months I've enjoyed working out in a non-running world. It's weird & there are a couple of times on the treadmill or outside on a walk I've wanted to up my pace, but again - promise to myself, and I'm my #1 fan.

Last night I went to Hot Yoga with a month-long unlimited groupon I purchased a while back.  I love yoga & I love sweating.  It was my first class in a LONG time so I acted like I was a first-timer. The instructor could tell differently, but I didn't want to be crippled today so I kept all my poses loose & light.  I left feeling amazing.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Hot Yoga affects my running - Hopefully for the better, I've heard it's great for runners.

Countdown to running: 20 days

No comments:

Post a Comment