Friday, March 14, 2014

I wonder where my Pointe shoes are?


One of the best things for me about being a runner is the awareness I have when I just need to take a "Ross & Rachel break" from running. It’s not that I don’t love everything about running & truth be told, it won’t take me all the way to Season 10 to re-unite forever with running, but right now I need a solid, healthy break.

The catch is that working out is & always has been my drug.  And I’m always wanting to try new things, challenge myself and take my health to the next level.

Now that everyone reading this (well, LB for sure because she might be the only one reading…Hil, where ARE you?) is on the edge of their seats in anticipation, this weekend I start a month-long commitment to The Barre Method.

You might be thinking it’s me giving into the newest shiny object, but I couldn’t be more excited & motivated about starting.  Dancing is a huge passion and love of mine (don’t get me started on my obsession with Ballet in general, but let’s just say if it was appropriate to still have ballet posters hanging in my room, I would) so I think Barre method will allow me to dive a little back into that world.

Regardless, I’m doing it. I’ve paid the money and signed up for my first 2 weeks of classes. 4 classes a week is the goal and this is so legit if you cancel your reservation less than 4 hours before the class, you get charged. Booya Grandma.

Can’t wait to see what this is all about, the changes I hope to see in my body and feelings and maybe meet some friends along the way!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I have always wanted to try! Cant wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete