Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 2 in Review


I’d love to be able to report that after my super positive & motivated post last Sunday that I succeeded in all I said I would do. But alas, I live in the real world. And in the real world my energy level straight-up PLUMMETED to the depths of the ocean last week.

Running on little sleep all week, super stressed by 4 colliding projects all launching now around the same time and well…just the fact that sometimes life steps in and says, “Hold up shorty. Yo body is tirrrrred!” I made it to one barre class, and nothing else.

But let me say that ONE barre class (Wednesday @ 6:30am) was killa! I felt great afterwards and all day. I HATED having to cancel my Thursday class due to a potential project launching (which never did….Grrrr) and my usual Saturday morning cardio session didn’t happen due to hosting brunch at my house with some of my best girlfriends before all heading over to the new Music City Center for the Southern Women’s Show. Something I didn’t lack this week was quality time with my friends. And sometimes that’s more important than checking off each workout box for the week.

I also managed to attend a Law school function Friday night (after a work day that consisted of 9 back-to-back meetings. Not kidding, 9) and Saturday night attended a taping of the TV Show “Nashville” at the Mother Church of Country Music.  An experience I will NEVER forget and make sure you tune into ABC @ 9pm CT/10pm ET on April 23. You may not see me, but you’ll know the clapping sounds in the concert scene are partially provided by yours truly!

Goal Setting for the week ahead is as follows:
Sunday/yesterday: 1.5 mile power walk + Cardio Circuit in my Driveway (Check!)
Monday @ 6:30pm: BarreAmped Express Class (Express is a 45 minute class rather than the typical 60 minute class)
Tuesday @ 6:30am
Wednesday @ 6:30am
Thursday @ 6pm
Saturday: 2 mile Run/Walk + Cardio Circuit in my Driveway
*Note I'm adding in a 4th Barre class this week...stay tuned as to why!

Week in review in pictures:
Frost on the car...Still!
Sometimes I like proof when I'm up this early

Space themed event @ the Law School Friday night



Gals at the Ryman

The cast of Nashville performing a group number

No comments:

Post a Comment