Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Marathon [gulp]


Soooo, HC – that feeling you had when you signed up for the MTT & Richmond Marathon?  I get it.

I’m officially signed up for the Nashville Hard Rock Marathon on November 9 (You know…that date I thought the Richmond Marathon was but had I paid one ounce of attention would have realized I was wrong?)

The super exciting thing for me is I’ll be training with Team in Training – something I’ve thought about and wanted to do for a LONG time.  I’m excited to have the opportunity to train, meet people & fundraise for LLS.

I’m taking this challenge one day at a time:
Training: I can run 26.2 miles, but I’m not really going to THINK about those miles until I need to on Nov. 9.  My training will consist on focusing on what my body likes & doesn’t like in the next few months to get me to those 26.2 miles.  (Ugh that .2 gets me every time!)

Fundraising: I have 149 days to raise $1,200 [That's $8 a day, friends] for one of the greatest causes out there.  Starting today.  Who wants to be my FIRST $8??? <---- CLICK HERE!

In all seriousness, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is out there to do what we all want. And that is find a cure for cancer. My mom is a double breast cancer survivor (and basically the most awesome person in all of the world) and I’m proud to work on raising money helping the estimate 1,012,533 people in the United States that are living with (or are in remission-yay!) from Leukemia and Lymphoma. 

Laughing: I plan on doing a lot of laughing getting ready for this Marathon.  I have lots to smile about!

#whoseideawasthis?

1 comment: