Sunday, June 9, 2013

New running friends!


This past week was a pretty good running week for me.  Tuesday morning I met up with a new running friend for a 4 mile pre-work run.  Carrie is a co-worker who is also a runner (She has run the St. Jude Country Music Half Marathon 4 years in a row!) and I finally bit the bullet and asked if she wanted to run together sometimes.  It’s always a little awkward (especially in advertising) mixing work & play but I figured the worst she could do was say no – but she didn’t!  We ran & talked and I’m looking forward to becoming better friends with her through running.

Today I met up with my friend Sarah again (she’s still in town visiting family) and we did 6 miles.  Woooooo!  I’ll be honest, if we hadn’t planned on meeting up, I probably would have slept in.  I also only intended on running 4 miles because I’ve had a busy weekend with some late nights, but she pushed me and we did 6 and I didn’t keel over, soooo, bonus!

We’re one page down on the Disneyland Half training schedule so now I’m just trying to focus on getting in at least one day a week of cross training.  I have to give these legs a rest sometimes!

Also stay tuned this week, Plan B is about to be set in motion…..

No comments:

Post a Comment