Sunday, June 23, 2013

TNT Week 1


Yesterday was my first GTS (Group Training Session) with Team in Training for the Nashville Marathon.  Ahhhhh, I can't believe I just said that and it happened!

Here are a few top line stats from the morning:
Meet time: 6:45am 
Mileage: (I chose) 6 miles [vs. 8 miles for the "experienced marathoners"]
Temp: 75+ degrees (I forgot to look at the humidity, will do better next week)
Route: Out & back - from Centennial Park down to Lower Broadway, UP Demonbreum and back UP West End
Quote at the end: I guess you wanted to separate the boys from the men?*

Yesterday was the kickoff of the 25th season of team in training so a lot of people showed up for yesterdays run.  People that aren't going to be showing up each week, so I'll need a couple more weeks to scope out my running teammates.  Yesterday everyone was also offered the opportunity to bring a friend to GTS so again, a lot of people that won't be coming each week.  

Truth be told: No really talked to me.  But it's okay.  I introduced myself to at least 3 different people on my own so each week I'll continue to force people to know me.  It's something I've gotten used to in Nashville.  People are "Southern" but really uncomfortable here around people they don't know.  This will get better each week, I'm sure of it.

The Run: Hot & Hilly.  Which explains my quote to the coaches after the run was done.  *I couldn't believe the very FIRST run was basically the hilliest option they could have given us.  I'm glad I got through it, I took the hills SLOW and stopped to get a few pics along the way.

Training goal for the week: Get in at least 1 non-running activity. For real, y'all.  I can feel how heavy my muscles are feeling and I need to get some strength from non-running.  I can & will do this.

Some pics from my run, week 1 (none of me because again...no one talked to me, hah!)

Sun shining beautifully on Downtown Nashville

Nashville Honky Tonks - Lookin' a little different at 7:30am than my usual view at 1:30am ;)

Thankful for these so I don't get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment