Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Training Schedule.

With a mere 44 days until Disney Princess all of a sudden yesterday I had an epiphany & felt extremely motivated to hit the ground running.  I've been doing what I would consider "light training" for the past couple of months.  I've been running and working out a little bit but have felt much more motivated for the trip to Disney than the actual race.  I also knew my moment would come and it was yesterday.

Yesterday morning I had a terrible morning. Like, terrrrrrible.  I couldn't find a single thing to wear, my apartment is a mess (which it still is...) I went to work early to get an early start on the day and it took me 30 minutes to get there - it should take 10 - then I got to work to find no computer on my desk.  I was borderline meltdown and it wasn't even 8am yet.  As I was sitting at my desk unfriending people on Facebook via my phone I decided it was the perfect time to make my final training schedule.  Because for the first time, I actually WANTED to. And then I thought about how upset all of the events of yesterday morning made me and realized that without running & working out I haven't be releasing any of that negative energy.  I felt revived, excited, PUMPED!

One thing I want to make sure to focus on is cross training.  Like Hil mentioned when training for the Richmond half, it's so important and something I want to get in at least once a week so I don't get burned out on running.  So here it is:
   Every other Monday, I'll be going to Zumba @ the local community center for $3 a class to shake my booty with all the other money-makahs in Nashville.
   Tuesday mornings will be running.
   Every other Wednesday, I'll be taking Yoga again at the local comm. center to chill myself OUT.
   Thursday mornings will be running.
   Friday I'll be sleeping in (yay!)
   Saturday, long runs (yay???)
   Sunday, I'll be taking advantage of rest on the Sabbath.

So I guess the question of the day is how did I do this morning on Day 1?  Great! I hit the treadmill for a solid 30 minute run, followed by some crucial stretching & a little weights.

Keep me honest, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment